How to remove Security Tool Virus / Malware ( Removal Guide )
Security Tool is a self-proclaimed anti-spyware program, promoted through pop-ups, trojans and malware webites. The Security Tool is promoted just like Windows Police Pro or Green AV ( Antivirus ) 2009. The rogue anti-spyware programs are distributed through websites that simulate virus scans, then the user is told to download the software to clean his PC.
Once installed, the Security Tool will start automatically each time you turn on your PC and log in to Windows. Then it will start scanning your computer and show you a list of fake infections. When you try to clean the infected files, you are prompted to buy the software.
Be careful, don’t believe anything this rogue software prompts to you and DO NOT delete the infected files found by it, because those are just legitimate files.
This is how Security Tool looks ( article continues below the image ):
To get rid of this software, you need MalwareBytes Anti-Malware, a legitimate software that will get you rid of all those rogue applications and malware, and rkill.
How to remove Security Tool:
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
- Download rkill.com ( rkill.exe ).
- Install the mbam-setup.exe file.
- To install it, just press next and don’t edit any options if you are not sure what you’re doing.
- After the installation is ready, MalwareBytes Anti Malware will start automatically and will require you to update the software, so just press OK.
- Go to the Scan tab, select “Perform Quick Scan” and press “Scan.”
- MalwareBytes Anti Malware will now scan all your PC for malware, including the Security Tool.
- You will see a “The Scan completed successfully. Click ‘Show Results’ to display all objects found” prompt once the scan is finished. Press OK.
- Now press “Show Results.”
- You will see a list of malware applications, including the Rogue.SecurityTool. Be sure to select them all and press “Remove Selected.”
- After MalwareBytes Anti Malware finishes the cleaning, you can close the program and be sure your PC is clean.
- As a caution, you should also use rkill.com ( rkill.exe ) to terminate malicious processes.
Please let me know if you need any more help and I’ll do my best to help you get rid of the rogue application.